1. The Quarter – is located just off Hope Street and offers the perfect blend of a cosy little bistro crossed with a busy coffee house. Popular with city workers and students alike, this restaurant never fails to impress.
2. Alma De Cuba – can be found on Seel Street, in the old St. Peter’s church. Alma De Cuba is described as the most innovative restaurant in Liverpool with its amazing Latin food and amazing cocktails.
3. Gusto – is perfectly placed in the Albert Dock, with a romantic and charming atmosphere. Serving up some of the best pizza and pasta dishes, Gusto is the ultimate venue for that special evening out.
4. 60 Hope Street – is a relaxed, contemporary restaurant in the heart of Liverpool’s Georgian Quarter. 60 Hope Street offers a variety of dishes from a pan fried fillet of sea bass to a deep fried jam sandwich.
5. Bistro Jacques – is situated on Hardman Street offering an ever changing menu of rustic French cuisine. The restaurant is particularly popular with students and theatre-goers with the cheap meal offers and pre-theatre deals.
6. Zizzi – can be found in Liverpool One attracting a mixed array of shoppers, business workers and students. Zizzi is all about Italian cooking, offering pizza, pasta, salads and risotto and not forgetting Zizzis meat and fish dishes.
7. Egg Cafe – is an alternative venue, with a great vibe to it, where you can catch up with friends and look out onto great views of the city. Egg Cafe, located just off Bold Street, serves up vegetarian and vegan options including soup, quiche and salad and you can also bring your own alcohol.
8. Bella Italia – can be found on Ranelagh Street in Liverpool City centre. Bella Italia offers a range of cuisine to suit everybody’s tastes including fish, meat and pasta dishes.
9. Italian Club Fish – is a popular fish restaurant, which can be found at the top of Bold Street. Obviously attracting fish food lovers, Italian Fish Club serves up a variety of exciting dishes including mussels, oysters and prawns.
10. Il Forno – is situated in the heart of Liverpool city centre on Duke Street. Il Forno was named one of the Top Ten authentic Italian restaurants by The Times Knowledge magazine. The restaurant offers à la carte, pizzeria, deli or take away options.
By Amy Swift, News Editor
More Top 10's
You may be interested in
Gusto, Bistro Jacques and 60 Hope Street (Pics courtesy of Liverpool-360)